The Pocono Record reports that a college student in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, was attempting to get a dent out of the ball with a lighter when it caught fire.
“The student and his roommate tried to stomp on the ball to extinguish, but it rolled under a bed, setting the bed on fire,” the article continues. Eventually, firefighters arrived and, unsurprisingly, handled what two intoxicated college students were unable to do — put out the flames.
Next time, instead of using a water cup, they may want to consider having a hose.
There were no reported injuries due to the fire, though the article probably doesn’t take into account these guys’ egos. From here on out, all future beer pong games are sure to include the taunt, “You’re on fire tonight! And I don’t mean like that time you almost burned down your apartment!”
Apparently, the college’s curriculum hasn’t quite gotten to the lesson where they teach students the most fundamental of all math equations: alcohol + fire = bad stuff.