I really thought this video was just an example of what can happen when you spend way too much time by yourself. But I was wrong. This is a new “web craze" called “cone-ing,” which is an alleged prank where a wacky young person grabs a soft-serve ice cream cone by the ice-cream and eats it upside down, cone first.
Fast food servers are all shocked that a customer would grab an ice-cream cone by the part of an ice-cream cone you're not supposed to grab. What unexpected and incongruous behavior!
“Cone-ing” wants to become the new "planking," a prank where crazy young kids lay face down in various outrageous places, like the middle of the street. It was also a "web craze," especially to those who were into "planking." I think a "web craze" is something that happens and then you find out it happens weeks after it's happened.
Apparently, it’s easy to start a prank “web craze.” You just do something weird when someone doesn't expect it. My Grandma use to do that. We'd be sitting down for a quiet meal and then she'd suddenly throw her dentures at my mom because she thought the dentures were trying to eat their way out of her mouth.
It's easy. Here it goes: “Bacon-ing” where you try to pay for things using strips of crisp bacon. Hey! I just invented a "web craze!" I'll take a big fat check for no dollars now.
Feel free to steal any of these prank ideas, just let me know how they turn out or make up your own in the comments!
1. “Jazz hand-ing” — a prank where you show off your fabulous jazz hands whenever you have to say something completely serious.
2. “Diaper-ing” — a prank that involves you carrying around all of your personal items in a diaper that you wear over your pants.
3. “Are you going to finish that-ing” — a prank where you hang out at food courts, and casually point at people’s meals and ask if they’re going to finish it.
4. “Face punchinging-ing” - a prank where you run up to someone and punch yourself in the face.
5. “Unicorn-ing” — a prank where you gallop around as if you’re riding a magical unicorn.
6. “I’m covered in invisible spiders-ing” — a prank that requires you to freak out, slapping your body while screaming “I’M COVERED IN INVISIBLE SPIDERS!”
7. “Pen-ing” — a prank where you hang out at banks and offer pens to people trying to sign deposit slips and checks, because there are just never enough of those cheap pens with the chains attached.
8. “Spork-ing” — a prank where you pretend that your hands were replaced with plastic sporks. When someone tries to shake your hand, you let them shake your spork.
9. “Hulking-ing” — a prank where you paint your ass green, and then moon innocent bystanders.
10. “Openly weeping in public-ing” I think that’s self-explanatory.