Last week, a commercial for the Comfort Wipe (a product to help you reach your private bits on the toilet) became a viral video hit – reaching the number four spot on AdAge's viral video chart. Presumably, a lot of people thought this was a joke ad, but it was a real product. "Was" being the operative word. It seems video views did not translate into sales in this case, and the Comfort Wipe has since been removed from the marketplace.
In the time of Snuggies and ShamWows, America is clearly dazzled by a great (the definition of great being highly subjective) infomercial and I'm no exception. Without further ado, my top ten favorite ridiculous products:
10) The Comfort Wipe – I'm truly just intrigued that Americans have gotten so lazy we can't even wipe our own asses anymore, but I suppose this would be handy if you're the Half Ton Mum.
9) The Egg Genie – 'Cause boiling eggs on the stove is so much work! The invention of this should have been an indicator that The Comfort Wipe wasn't too far behind.
The Slap Rap Chop – Not all that ridiculous on its own. Becomes ridiculous when remixed into a rap.
7) Loud 'N Clear – Thinly veiled as a way to help the elderly hear
better, while clearly pointing out it's real market is with nosy
6) The Thinny Hair Holder – If you still haven't let 80s sky-high mall hair go or you are a beauty queen from Arkansas.
5) The Kush Support – I don't have big jugs, but I'm pretty positive if
I did, this wouldn't be a problem, and I'm also pretty sure I would
stick a pair of socks in there before I dropped $55 bucks on this
4) The Wearable Towel – If I ever meet a man wearing one of these in toga form, I will marry that man.
3) The Tiddy Bear – Who doesn't want to get molested by a teddy bear?
2) The Hawaii Chair – Truly a classic. This one speaks for itself.
1) The Uro Club – Tee time? More like pee time!
What are your favorite infomercials? Let us know in the comments.