Giant Pyramid Tied To Atlantis Found In Ocean
Though scientists have yet to study the object, many internet conspiracy theorists agree that the pyramid’s dimensions and remote location could mean it is part of the lost city of Atlantis. Unfortunately, there’s no way to confirm or deny this… yet.
More and more, scientists are finding sunken structures or land mass that could be part of the fabled lost continent or yield mysteries attached to other forgotten ancient civilizations. Here’s what we do know:
1) The pyramid is but the latest in these discoveries.
2) Its particular structure was found by a sailor off the Bank De João de Castro.
3) Luiz Fagundes Duarte, the region’s Secretary of Education doesn’t believe it can possibly be man-made due to where it was found. (Whether he believes aliens were involved is unclear.)
4) Eerily, its vertices are arranged in a way identical to those from the pyramids in Giza.
5) At first, the discovery was kept a secret. Eventually, the sailor’s story lead to an investigation by the Portuguese Navy.
6) Finding the ruin close to the island of Terceira adds to the mystery, as legends that can be traced all the way back to 1436 tie it to Atlantis. Could the pyramid have existed on Atlantis before the legendary land was lost to everyone but mythmakers?
There’s also the possibility that the ominous building belongs to some other lost world for which no documents were ever kept. Or, if it is truly not man made, then something more wicked could be involved. Who knows what else could be lurking at the bottom of the ocean floor.
[ photo galleries ]
The opinions expressed in this blog are the personal opinions of our bloggers and in no way reflect the opinions of truTV, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Time Warner, Inc. and/or any of their respective employees, officers, subsidiaries or affiliates.
We may provide links to outside blogs or websites from this site, truTV is not affiliated with these websites and makes no representations, endorsements or warranties with regard to the content found on those sites.